Information Collection and Use
W3 collects PII when you register for a W3 account or use the W3 products or services for the following purposes:
- to deliver the products and services you or your company have ordered for your use from W3;
- to maintain accounting and billing contact information and other financial records;
- to customize the advertising and content you see,
- to contact you regarding our services unless you elected not to receive these communications.
- When you register with W3, we ask for your name, email address, physical address, telephone numbers and, in some cases credit card information when you order services on-line. Some of our customers use W3 services to provide additional services, which may require the participants to register. When you register for one of these sessions, you may be asked to provide additional information. This information is provided to the customer offering the service. W3 may store this information on behalf of our customers as necessary to fulfill our obligations to our customers. W3 requires that all such customers use, hold and process such PII in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
- W3 also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, W3 cookie information and the page you requested.
- W3 routinely collects information that cannot be identified to a particular individual such as time-stamps and logs events (like features used, number of participants, items clicked.) This data is used for accounting/billing/statistic purposes as well as for performance and optimization of the W3 services.
Retention and Relevance
If we change any of our privacy policies or practices, we'll post those changes to this policy statement at least 30 days before they take effect. In limited cases, we may be required to disclose certain information to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant.
- W3 may use and retain your PII when you use certain W3 products or services, when you visit W3 pages, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. W3 may also receive PII from our business partners.
- W3 retains the PII that it collects only for the period of time such information is required to achieve the purposes set forth above. Generally, the retention period, will not be greater than one year after you cease to be an active customer depending on the purpose and any regulatory or audit requirements (e.g. financial records may be retained for a longer period to satisfy audit requirements).
- W3 uses and retains only your PII which is directly relevant to the purpose for which it is collected. This information is retained as you provide it but will be updated when you notify us of changes in order to maintain its accuracy.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- W3 will not sell or rent your PII to anyone.
- W3 will send PII about you to other companies or people only when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of W3 to provide a W3 product or service or to otherwise assist W3 with its business activities. (Unless we tell you otherwise, these companies do not have any right to use the PII we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us and are required to safeguard PII and not to disclose PII to others);
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
- We find that your actions on our Web sites violate the W3 Terms of Service
PII Edits, Corrections or Erasures
You have the ability to direct W3 to edit, correct or erase your PII, at any time. To request such account maintenance send your email request to email@example.com. You may also indicate that you do not wish to receive messages from W3 regarding our services or update your information relating to such messages at firstname.lastname@example.org. Following your request for either type of data editing, your information will be changed in W3’s data bases after we receive the information necessary to process your request.
- W3 uses industry standard encryption as well as its own proprietary technology to protect PII and meeting content.
- Further, the only means to access your account is through the W3 eBusiness platform, which requires a user name and password to gain access. W3 strongly recommends that all accounts be protected by unique passwords that are changed regularly.